View Profile Phyrnna

21 Movie Reviews

Very well done! I love the animation and the score!

First!

Also awesome stuff~! :P

Oh this is very well done!

16 Game Reviews

Most comments prior have mentioned all that needs to be said for quality of game. That said I understand that you're still learning. Keep it up and keep working at it~!

As for the CC0, yes you don't have to credit any creator or artwork/music licensed under CC0. I will say though it is common courtesy to credit art/music even when licensed under CC0 out of respect and some people even send a small message to the artist just to let them know.

Cheers!

P.S. just tagging @troisnyx

GSquadron responds:

Thanks for your comment and rating!

Short and cute and I the music fit very well!
I will say that the last level was a bit more luck based. xD
Oh yeah, I also walked off the stage on that one. Haven't tried it on the other ones though.
Great job!

~Phyrnna ^_^ <3

Troisnyx responds:

Acknowledged. It does get a bit worrying when cracks in the code begin to appear, but oh well. Just a heads-up, the first kitsune is passable without any notion of luck, but the second one requires immense precision.

Glad you like it, and thanks for playing! ^_^

Pretty good so far although there's a lot to be done still.

Mechanics:
The core mechanic is pretty nice, although perhaps you could have a few more attacks in your chain. Like first strike leads to a different second strike leads to a third strike, etc...
This is visually more interesting also.
Additionally while I see that you're supposed to pay attention to the enemy colors (ala Guacamelee), it's far too easy in this game to just macro the space bar and the left click to repeatedly trigger and just run into everything. Guacamelee puts in a slight delay during and after switching along with a forced animation which forces the player to strategically switch and avoid getting hit while doing so.
The level design isn't bad, but it's much too... boring? For a game like this you actually could go full out Metroidvania-style with your level design without compromising any gameplay. That and it would keep the game interesting.

Visual:
The 2.5D works, but colors are okay. The colors work for a while, but it gets very eyestraining after a very short while. Perhaps consider using various color schemes (triadic, complementary) to add highlights which can also enhance the player's experience. That or use those color schemes to make certain things pop out more such as enemy attacks or your own attacks.

Of course all of this is my opinion and what you do is based upon your design goal. But those are some suggestions~

Keep it up~!

~Phyrnna ^_^

407 Audio Reviews

Oooh this is a pretty neat take! I really love hip hop and its take on music so I'm glad to see you having done that!

reddyfu responds:

Whoa, never expected that you'd show up! Anyway, I'm glad that you like it!

ABFH Judge Review! :D

I'm leaving these post-contest so that I wouldn't get people's hopes up. That said I do want to mention that on my personal list yours landed a #2.
And for good reason, your originality in concept (quirky+Vocaloid!!) got you a ton of points, along with generally being very entertaining!
Your melodies and additions are very fun to listen to. While this doesn't follow the original theme and feel of the track, I really liked the new direction you took it and it was awesome!
The Vocaloid parts could probably be tuned a little more, but then again there was a pretty tight deadline so it's understandable. As for the mix, it didn't quite mix together very well, there were some parts that sounded like they had empty parts in the spectrum.
Keep up the awesome work!!

~Phyrnna

Zelazon responds:

Hello and thanks for the review.

I saw that I placed pretty low on the contest and saw the scores I received on the song, and though I am a bit disappointed by it, it also provided me with an opportunity to see what went wrong.

I think that trying to stay original may have hurt me since I usually stick with more complex chords and song structure, whereas the original is of a simple nature. It's good that you did ultimately get what I trying to achieve, though it wasn't enough to weigh some of the lower scores.

Anyway, this was my attempt and thanks for the review.

Congrats on a song excellently done! \^o^/

ChronoNomad responds:

D'aww, thanks for that, Phyrnna! Very sweet of you to say so. =^-^=

47 Art Reviews

More animations pls <3

dominiichan responds:

When I have the time, motivation, and coffee.

OMG these are the cutest~ <3

Congrats on winning the Halloween Spectacular! This is a neat animation! Well done!

PennilessRagamuffin responds:

Thank you very much! I'm both shocked and delighted that people are enjoying this animated illustration so much. Thank you for your kind remarks!

What's my motto? Turning Dreams into Reality. That's my motto.

Phyrnna @Phyrnna